International nationals from the nation not in the EEA and/or EFTA, who want to stay static in Iceland for longer than three (3) months, should have a residence permit that is valid.
Residence allows on grounds of wedding or cohabitation are given on grounds of Art. 70 associated with Act on Foreigners no. 80/2016.
A residence license is awarded to an intending that is individual relocate to Iceland to reside with his/her spouse or cohabiting partner in Iceland. The necessity is the fact that spouse or cohabiting partner is an Icelandic or a Scandinavian citizen, an international citizen keeping a permanent residence license or a short-term residence license on grounds of work needing qualified expertise, for athletes, for moms and dads, on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique link with Iceland or advanced level studies.
Certain special requirements use regarding household reunification for many who hold a residence license in Iceland on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique connection or a residence license being a moms and dad. The cohabitant or spouse for the applicant whom is applicable for reunification in Iceland will need to have worked or examined in Iceland in appropriate stay during the last four (4) years before publishing a software (unless an exemption applies).
You might have the right up to a residence license being a partner or cohabiting partner if every one of the requirements that are following met, in addition to other people
- You may be over the age of 18 years,
- you had been 18 years of age or older whenever you married or entered cohabiting partnership,
- Year you are married or have been in cohabiting partnership for more than one (1,
- you’ve got a spouse or cohabiting partner who lives in Iceland and it is an Icelandic or Scandinavian resident, or an international resident keeping a permanent residence license or a foreign resident remaining in Iceland on grounds of a residence license as mentioned above,
- the wedding satisfies certain requirements for registration in accordance with the legislation regarding domicile,
- you’ll have a home that is permanent the exact same location as your better half or your cohabiting partner,
- you can easily show that you can to supply yourself throughout your stay,
- you’ve got a legitimate insurance coverage by having an Icelandic insurance provider (on the go insurance providers) or an international insurance provider authorized to use in Iceland (into the industry Foreign Insurance Companies),
- you have got maybe perhaps perhaps not offered a sentence that is criminal over the last five (5) years or been sentenced with a court of legislation for an offense which may be punishable by a lot more than three (3) months imprisonment relating to Icelandic law, and
- your partner will not be sentenced by a court of legislation or been susceptible to safety that is public the past five (5) years (unless an exemption applies), and
- the partner that is spouse//cohabiting Iceland consents into the license being issued.
You might perhaps maybe perhaps not
- have married or be a partner that is cohabiting convenience purposes (for example. for any other reasons than being along with your spouse, for instance, the actual only real function being to have a residence permit in Iceland),
- have been in cohabiting partnership for under one (1) 12 months in the event that you submit an application for a cohabiting partnership permit,
- take effect until a residence and work license happens to be issued, until you are the partner or cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen, then you definitely don’t need to make an application for a work license (please be aware that the cohabiting partner of a Icelandic resident might not begin to work before his/her residence license is issued),
- work with a manager apart from the only on that your task license is situated, and
- stay static in another nation much longer than three (3) months in almost every 12-month amount of the residence license period; otherwise the residence license can be terminated or revoked.
A software for the residence and work license and supporting papers shall be submitted into the Directorate of Immigration or in the workplaces regarding the region commissioners not in the Reykjavнk Metropolitan region.
Observe that various guidelines may connect with a license to keep whenever a software is submitted and even though it really is being prepared. Partners and cohabiting partners could be in Iceland whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted when they base their close to an individual who falls underneath the groups additional resources above except a spouse/cohabiting partner of the pupil if she or he is needed to have visa. See more information in the area on liberties which can be connected to the license.
If a job candidate does not satisfy these requirements additionally the needs talked about below, the applying for a residence license will be refused plus the applicant must keep Iceland. A job candidate would you perhaps maybe not keep the nation are susceptible to expulsion or an entry ban. An entry ban can be an entry ban to the Schengen Area for a certain time frame or even for two (2) years as the absolute minimum.
The applicant is in charge of trying to get renewal of his/her residence allow at least four (4) days ahead of the legitimacy of this license expires. Should this be done, the applicant is allowed in which to stay Iceland even though the application for renewal will be prepared because of the Directorate of Immigration. In cases where a renewal of the residence license just isn’t requested ahead of the amount of legitimacy expires, the applying is likely to be managed just as if this had been a permit that is first perhaps maybe not renewal. A credit card applicatoin received following the permit that is previous expired will soon be refused if the applicant won’t have a license in which to stay Iceland even though the application will be prepared.
Further for a residence license for a partner and cohabiting partner
Liberties connected to the license
Application for the very first license
Liberties attached to the license
- The partner or a cohabiting partner may maintain Iceland whenever trying to get a residence license even though it really is being prepared, except the spouse and cohabiting partner of the pupil that is required to have visa. A job candidate that is needed to have visa and that is abroad whenever trying to get a residence license cannot arrive at Iceland before the residence license happens to be provided.
- The partner or cohabiting partner of a Icelandic citizen is authorized to get results with out a work license in Iceland. Partners of Icelandic residents can start to your workplace when they usually have submitted a credit card applicatoin for a residence license however a partner that is cohabiting maybe maybe perhaps not begin working ahead of the residence license happens to be given. Other candidates must submit an application for work license if they want to work with Iceland that can perhaps maybe maybe not start working until a residence and work license happens to be provided.
- A residence license is normally given for just one (1) at a time, however, two (2) years as a maximum year. The license credibility might nonetheless never surpass the legitimacy amount of the spouse/cohabiting partner‘s license.
- A residence license might be renewed for 2 (2) years as being an optimum, offered certain requirements for the license continue to be met, but, the license may never ever be legitimate more than the license of the individual on that your bases that are applicant right.
- The residence license provides the right to family reunification. A residence license may be reproduced for on grounds of household reunification for:
- the applicant’s kids under the chronilogical age of 18 in the event that applicant has custody of these;
- the moms and dads of a job candidate in the event that parents are 67 years old or older (will not connect with pupils).
- The residence permit can be a foundation of the residence permit that is permanent.
- The partner of an Icelandic citizen may have the proper to Icelandic citizenship after three (3) several years of residing in Iceland after marriage, supplied particular other needs are met. One requirement is the fact that partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the least five (5) years.
- A cohabiting partner of an citizen that is icelandic have the proper to Icelandic citizenship after five (5) many years of located in Iceland following the formal enrollment of cohabitation, provided other demands are met. One requirement is the fact that partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the least five (5) years.